Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to school we go... bleh!

I have such mixed feelings about back to school. On the one hand, I get excited by a new box of crayons, sharpened pencils and bright, new tennis shoes. I have fun helping my kids find a new out fit or getting them dolled up to meet their teachers. And heaven knows I am LOVING sneaking in a nap with my littles when all the bigs are at school.

On the other hand, I really miss my bigs! And they just keep getting bigger. I worry and pray all day for them to be safe and protected from the evil in the world. (I sigh for those days when they were all little and I was their whole world. I could protect them from bad things and was apart of every exciting moment of their lives). I get emotional when I think that I have given my babies into the hands and guidance of others for so many hours of the day.

Its only the second day of school and I am totally ready to have them back! Summer was too short!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Well sending my first to Kindergarten I am sooooo sad for those day....months ago when I did not have to worry about school, etc...but even now I can not yet say I know how you feel bc my kiddos are still quite little. :) They GROW UP TOO DANG fast! And saying that makes me feel old! :) Don't only old people say stuff like that? :)

Ang said...

totally feel the same way! looking forward to fall break :)

Sherri said...

Home school!!??
I love it!!!
I never thought I would be a homeschool mom...but now I am in love! Although, my kids will go back to school someday...and I will have all these same emotions!
Right now I am loving every minute of every day! :)