Monday we had a family night where we learned about controlling our tempers. Two specific incidents (on top of all the sibling grumpiness) prompted this lesson.
First, I noticed a LARGE circle of paint peeled off the kitchen wall. The perpetrator confessed and said that it was done because she was angry. The second: I noticed a nice, new brown crayon scribble on another wall... done at such a height that I knew it was done by someone who knew better. This second perpetrator said it was also because of anger at someone. Arg! I guess its better than breaking windows or heads, but sheesh!
But I confess there have been times when I have wanted to scribble on the wall too.
1 comment:
One of my angry children unbraided Rapunzel's hair and then swirled the hair around into a big snarly mess. We've also had paint-peeling and crayon graffiti episodes from our little angry darlings. I think this is something every family has to work on... :)
Post a Comment