Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Don't burp in front of the queen!"

"You wouldn't do that in front of the queen." is a common sentence tossed from child to child at our dinner table. I'm not exactly sure where it all started... perhaps at our lunch time tea parties. Who knows what queen and why my children would ever be eating with her, but anything to encourage better manners during meals is just fine with me!

At dinner tonight, one of my children coughed, burped and "tooted" simultaneously. (I didn't even know that was humanly possible). I looked at the accused with a look of horror and instructed him to say the necessary "excuse me's." Which he did and was promptly informed by another child that if he'd done that in front of the queen he would "be headed." She repeated her warning several times, each time talking about being "headed." I couldn't help snickering as my son was picturing (with a puzzled look) where exactly he was to be headed to.

3 comments:

Melly said...

How I enjoy reading you!

Danae said...

Hehe!

Sherri said...

Love it!
Your kids are too fun....I think you need to take a small trip to Missouri and let all our kids have a blast!
I loved your Christmas card! Thank you so much for sending me one!!!