Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hawaii!!!

Guess what? Well, if you read the title you probably guessed it... Brett took me to Hawaii! Picture me screaming now. OK. These are in no particular order... but here are a few pics.Oh man... look at the sky and water... and the palm trees. Sigh!


We took a drive on one of the days. LOVED the mountains!


See that smile? That's because our rental car was a convertible. Squeal!!!! It made the whole week more fun. (The car rental guy made my day with the free up-grade). Thank you car guy!
The "Black Pearl" was parked in the marina next to our hotel. Pretty freaky if you ask me. It was huge!
Walking on the beach with my sweety was the best part!



I'm not much as photographers go... but I did make him stop so I could get the reflection of the palm trees in his glasses. Check it out.

Had to hit the Polynesian Center. It poured rain the whole afternoon and evening... but "who cares... we are in Hawaii!"
Brett would be able to feed our family.... he was really good with the spear.

Spent a few hours at the Temple. Well worth the hour drive!
Mmmmm...mmm, mmm... and as you might have noticed, I am as white as... ugg. Lets just say that I don't tan very well.
That's the beach in front of our hotel. We'd just finished a 7am snorkel. (Much to my horror we saw fish). Hee hee. I've had a childhood fear of being eaten by Jaws or his smaller counterparts. Poor Brett had to ask me to literally "get off his back", when ever we saw a fish larger than a guppy.
"Hiked" Diamond Head Crater

Did I mention that we had a convertible? Oh... we had a convertible.
Walked around the Iolani Palace. It was gorgeous! Man I love history!
Pearl Harbor was moving. I loved this picture of the flag from the Arizona Memorial. Can you believe I got that with an iPhone?


It was a fabulous vacation... our very first with out our little ones. We missed them of course, but it was just really neat to have that time to spend just with my man.

15 comments:

Candria said...

I'm so happy for you!!! What a great getaway. Looks amazing! You guys are amazing!

Marley Family said...

WOW! What a wonderful suprise!

Ang said...

Sounds so great! You totally deserve a fun trip away! And Hawaii?!!! So cool! I'm with you on the fish thing....I'd be scared to death! So happy you had a fabuloud time!

Melanie said...

Looks and sounds like fun! So glad you had a good time!

Danae said...

Lucky! I agree that it's nice to leave the kids every once in a great while to hang with the hubby.

sportyrls said...

Fun! What a wonderful trip!

mom C said...

oh Annie...Your pics brought back such good memories. Loved that you got to go. Your pics are wonderful...when real life gets to real just bring out the Hawaii pics and remember when you 'took a minute to breath in some tropical R&R with your sweetie'!
lov mom

Emily said...

That is sooo awesome!!! I am so happy for yoU! HOw fun! So he surprised you? I want more of that story...maybe I missed it on your blog...we are doing a family trip to Hawaii in Oct (hopefully) you made me sooo excited! :) And by the way that pic of you with the cute light blue top in front of the crashing waves...so pretty! love it! :)

Jessica Newman said...

Oh Annie! How awesome! I will not tell Ty because he will be super jealous!
I feel your pain...I am a non-tan person too.

Josh or Kaylin said...

Love the pictures. Wish I could go somewhere warm right now. I am glad you guys had a fun trip.

Roxanne said...

Looks like you had a great time. Your pics are so fun. The mountains are amazing and the beach is so inviting!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

What a wonderful place to spend with your sweetheart WITHOUT children. It is so beautiful there! Someday I will make it there!

Lizzie Bingham said...

So fun! I laughed about the fish! Cody and I are looking forward to a quick trip to Chicago without the kids... sometimes you just need each other.

Sherri said...

I love Hawaii!!! It looks like you had a fantastic time! =) I'm just a wee bit jealous!!

The Skoobs said...

I can't wait to go back there...Just a tad jealous....so fun!!!!!!!! Maybe someday I will get up the nerve to leave my kiddos....man oh man!!!