Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My latest project

I live in an apron on most days. I think it started when I was pregnant, and a slob and spilled all over myself all the time... I just never recovered. I usually wear those very manly, plain butchers aprons. But since I really do wear them ALL the time, I thought it might be fun to add a little style. K-Mart had some really cute aprons but wanted twenty to thirty bucks for them. Sheesh! So I went home and had some fun. (I really hate patterns so I made it up as I went).#1. This was my first try. It went home with my sister.

#2. This was my second creation. This one went to my mother.
#3. This one is my favorite. I added the little rosette on the shoulder strap and a ruffle on the pocket for a little femininity. (I couldn't handle the ruffle on the bottom, like I did on the other two aprons. It was just a little too girly for me). Remember, I am weaning myself from the really manly aprons I used to wear.


11 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love them! Way to have some fun and get something useful at the same time. They look great! Bytheway, we are really excited to come and see you guys!

Ang said...

Super cute!!! Remember....my birthday is in October (hint hint)! (just kidding!) By the way....happy birthday!! I love you Annie Bingham! You are one of the greatest people I have ever known and I'm still mad at you for moving away!

Marley Family said...

Man I want one!

Sherri said...

So stinkin cute! I love aprons! I love GIRLY GIRLY aprons! I love the rosette...it is very cute! My mom makes me my aprons....thank goodness...because I LOVE THEM! Did I make it a point that I LOVE aprons? =)

Melly said...

so FAB....to bad I hate to sew...those days are behind me!

Rebecca said...

Annie those are dang cute. Wish I could sew like that. I love them.

Candria said...

You are amazing! Why aren't we neighbors anymore....??? And.... in case you don't post today....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hope it's wonderful and amazing just like YOU! LOVE, ME

Jessica Newman said...

I want one!

Emily said...

So cute! I have never worn an apron! haha. But I want one now!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Those are awesome. You should start a business in your free time!

Lindsay Conover said...

You are nothing short of amazing!