Our little bit of heaven! True love + sweet peas = heaven on earth!

Monday, May 10, 2010

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day filled with love, flowers, and a little chocolate! I love this special holiday dedicated to all the wonderful women in our lives. There are so many women who have influenced me profoundly and I am so grateful for them and their wonderful examples. I can't name you all, or we'd be here all day... but here are a few and just ONE of the THOUSANDS of things that make you wonderful:

  • My mother: always caring and willing to give and give and give of herself
  • My paternal grandmother: a woman of incredible faith and diligence
  • My maternal grandmother: sparkling eyes and sense of humor
  • My maternal great grandmother (for whom I am named): never spoke ill of anyone
  • My childhood best friend: always there to buck me up
  • My sisters-in-law: became the big sisters I never had
  • My running buddies: listened to all my whining with love and patience
  • YOU: Yes, you! You wonderful examples of motherhood. The women I have always looked up to you and hoped, someday to be as good a mother as you are. (You know who you are!)

Ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember what a huge role you play in the lives of all the people around you.

With love and appreciation,

ME

6 comments:

Shon said...

Hey sis. great looking family pictures. your kids look so much like you. It so fun to see them grow up and become great men and women under your example. I am so excited to see you and Brett and your kids. Thanks for coming to see us and our new little one.

Jessica Newman said...

Annie!
You Rock!
You always put a smile on my face!

Marley Family said...

So sweet!

mom C said...

My dear, dear Annie....I couldn't have said it better myself...about all the wonderful women who have influence and taught me....you have such a way with words that I am glad to let you put it into words for me. My mother, my grandmother, my daughters, and my daughters-in -law...all such wonderful examples for me to learn from and LOVE!
I can't wait to see you here in Arizona and finish the vacation with your family....hurry, but be safe!
I just went through all the past blogs to make sure I hadn't missed any and I love to catch up this way....oh, those cute little soccer players. Next year you MUST be a coach! luv mom

The Conover Clan said...

Annie! Luv You!!!!! I hope you had a fabulous day as well! You have such a darling family who are so blessed to have a mother like YOU!

Melly said...

You are such a great example to me. Thank you for being a great mom and sister!