So being a mom is the all time best job in the world... but we who have entered into this strange and uncertain realm of joy, chaos, and dirty diapers, know that it can be a "bit" taxing at times. Alright, I go absolutely nuts some times. And that is what this story is all about.
I was having one of those really really really really (emphasis on the really) rough mommy days. Kids were whining, potty training was not going"down the toilet," the house was a disaster and only getting worse, I was still in my pj's and well just AAAaaaaahhhhhh! Get the picture?
They say that when people start having suicidal thoughts they need professional help... well I saw a nice, new black crayon on the floor and glanced up at the only clean thing in my house... a wall... and had the overwhelming urge to crayon ALL over that wall. (Does that fall in the same category?) Or does that mean I've just melted down to a child's level? Well, you'll be glad to know that my self control wasn't overcome and the wall remained unharmed. And I really do love being a mom... sometimes I just have to remind myself that on the crazy days. And I thought some of you might get a laugh on a day you might need it.
3 comments:
Amen to that girl. Plus it's nice for me to know that the seemingly 'PERFECT" Annie has those days too! :) You are an awsome example of a great mom and of exceptional patients. I love you and thanks for sharing.
perfect smerfect! Honey, I almost called YOU that day to ask how you do it all.
~me
Dito on making me feel better that wonder woman Annie has meltdowns too! However, your definition and mine of a messy house are probably completely opposite from each other! :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment